- Bullying Coordinator: Joe Vilanova, Principal, New Road School of Somerset, Somerset NJ 08873, 732 271-5775.
- Parlin Bullying Contact: Elizabeth Hockenjos, Social Worker, New Road School of Parlin, 732-238-7700.
- Somerset Bullying Contact: Carolyn Seplow, Social Worker, New Road School of Somerset, 732-271-5775.
- Ocean Bulling Contact: Margaret Lucchio, Social Worker, New Road School of Ocean County, 732-886-6888.
The New Road Schools prohibit acts of harassment, intimidation or bullying of a student.
The Schools have determined that a safe and civil environment in school is necessary for students to learn and achieve high academic standards; harassment, intimidation or bullying, like other disruptive or violent behaviors, is conduct that disrupts both a student’s ability to learn and a school’s ability to educate its students in a safe and disciplined environment. Since students learn by example, school administrator/designees, faculty, staff and volunteers should be commended for demonstrating appropriate behavior, treating others with civility and respect and refusing to tolerate harassment, intimidation or bullying.
The New Road Schools’ aim is to provide the best possible education for all students. Children have the right to receive their education free from intimidation, humiliation, threats, and harassment. The New Road Schools provide their students with the right to learn in a caring, supportive, and safe environment.
Our goal is to establish an environment where everyone feels valued and safe, and where individual differences are appreciated, understood, and accepted.
- To raise awareness about bullying among students, staff, and parents
- To assist students to resolve conflicts and differences
- To create a school environment where everyone feels safe
- To create an atmosphere for students to learn that it is okay to talk about bullying
- To assist students in seeking guidance and/or help