For thirty years, New Roads School has provided high quality special education services to students with developmental, learning, social, behavioral, language disabilities, and spectrum disorder.
- The New Road School was founded in Highland Park, NJ, in 1986. The school then moved to a new building on Lexington Avenue in East Brunswick in 1988.
- The New Road School of Somerset opened as our second campus in 1989 in a modest schoolhouse on Cortelyou Lane in Somerset, NJ, with an enrollment of 60 students.
- The New Road School of Ocean County opened its doors in 1998, in Toms River, NJ.
- The New Road School of Somerset opened during the summer of 2006. Today the school serves 120 students aged 12 to 21.
- In 2004, the East Brunswick New Road School campus relocated to its present site in Parlin. The move to Parlin’s 32,000-square-foot building allowed the school to further expand its program and increase the number of students served. Today the school serves 90 students ages 5-21.
- The New Road School of Ocean County moved to its new facility in Lakewood in January 2008. Today the school serves 55 students aged 5 to 21.